10 Ways Spouses Can Support Menopausal Women

Menopause, Mood Swings, Womens Health
Menopausal women often feel as though they are alone in their plight and as a spouse, you may be wondering if there is anything you can do to help. Of course, there is! In fact, there are 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO to help the woman in your life. During this period of their lives menopausal women often have difficulty with warm or stuffy rooms because of a miserable symptom known as hot flashes, so let her set the temperature of the thermostat in your home to allow for her maximum comfort during this very uncomfortable symptom. (more…)
Read More

Myths About Menopause

There are many myths about menopause that sometimes aggravate the fear and stress women feel as they approach this time in their lives. Let’s review the most common menopause myths and blast them with real facts. Menopause always begins at 50 is a myth, the truth is that a woman can go through menopause as early as in her 30s or as late as in the 60s. Symptoms can occur many years prior to the cessation of periods so that things like fatigue, mood swings, irritability, hot flashes, night sweats and weight gain can happen while you are still having periods. (more…)
Read More

Menopause Related Mood Swings

Mood Swings
Fluctuating hormones are the source of menopause related mood swings and other emotional turmoil seen in perimenopause and menopause and include severe changes in mood, feelings of sadness or tearfulness, irritability, aggressiveness, anxiety and fatigue. Some women also experience problems concentrating, lack of motivation and increased tension. (more…)
Read More

10 Foods That Relieve Menopausal Hot Flashes

Menopausal hot flashes are the most common symptom of menopause, affecting almost 80% of women. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition suggests that simple changes to your diet can bring relief. The study spanned nine years and researchers found that a woman’s likelihood of experiencing hot flashes dropped by 20% when they included these foods in their diets. (more…)
Read More

Menopause Management for Diabetics

Diabetes, Menopause, Video, Womens Health
The below video by the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals has an in depth discussion about the management of menopause symptoms and sexual health considerations in women with diabetes. Click Here for more Health, Fitness and Personal Development Videos Make sure to check out our health, fitness and personal development related free learning guides and quality digital products.
Read More