The below healthy lifestyle infographic details 8 steps that can lead to a healthier life including:
Eating a healthy diet, Avoiding unhealthy habits, workout regularly, practice good hygiene, stay hydrated, get enough sleep, control your stress level and get regular medical checkups.
There are 5 categories of self-care and how they help you:
1. Sensory: helping to calm your mind. It is being tuned in to all the detailed sensations around you which mean you are living in the present moment, and that allows you to let go of past resentments and anxieties into the future as well.
2. Emotional: A great self-help tip is to be totally engaged with your emotions. It helps so much with stress. It’s healthy to feel and accept your emotions, moving on from them; not bottling them up. It’s your emotional responses that count.
3. Spiritual: You might want to skim over this if you are not religious, but spiritual self-care is about being in touch also with your values and what matters to you. When you develop a sense of purpose, it is much easier to recover from stress and depression.
4. Physical: It makes sense that physical activity is imperative for self-care, because not only does it improve your overall health; it’s a wonderful way of letting off steam.
5. Social: Whether you are extrovert or introvert, connecting with people is important, because we are social beings. It helps you to understand that you aren’t alone; you are noticed. Do things with people who make you feel good and who you love being with.
Click Here for more health related infographics
Visit these top health related websites for information on a wide variety of health and wellness topics including those detailed in the above Healthy Lifestyle Infographic.
National Institute of Health